Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Rafting the Bow - August 9 to 16, 2014

Sorry for the delayed update, I am working with minimal internet access right now.
This week was a busy week, and I had a good time with it, but let’s not waste time and get right to it.

Saturday August 9, 2014

On Saturday I went rafting in the Bow River with about 50 people, it was fun and I got plenty wet.
We started out our rafting trip at a place near the Golf Canada Calgary Centre and Lafarge, we all loaded up and got into the river. Now, because of the type of people that we all are it wasn’t long before people started getting pushed into the water, and then people began pulling other people from other rafts into the water, then I ended up on another raft after I pulled someone into the water from that raft and my raft got pulled down stream, and then other stuff happened and there were water wars, etc. So I got really wet, really tired, really hungry, didn’t get sunburned, had a great barbeque and corn bust, and had a great time, so I would call that a successful use of time.

Sunday August 10, 2014

On Sunday I went to church, and had a games night. At the games night we played ‘Do you love your neighbor’ and ‘Never have I ever’. We played these games for a long time and had great fun, you should all try these games out some time.

Monday August 11, 2014

On Monday morning I went for a bike ride through Fish Creek Park. As I was biking I saw this railing where I thought immediately upon seeing it, “I wonder if I could walk that” (picture below).




As you can see it is a very long railing, but one day I will walk it. Just for a point of reference, the lady in the distance is about 1.73 meters (5.67 feet) tall. If you are wondering what lady I am talking about I am talking about this lady.



After my bike ride I needed to go to mall because my glasses had gotten stepped on while I was rafting, so I went and did that and then I went around and did a bit of necessary shopping at different stores, but I won’t bore you with the details of my shopping escapades.
The final thing that I did on this fine day was go swimming at a lake. I was with a group of people, about 15 in all, and we spent our time taking pictures, which I do not have, doing flips into the water, meeting some of the new people that joined us and generally frolicking in the water, oh we also threw each other into the water a lot. One of the memorable ones from the night for me was when I went to throw this one girl into to the water and, not wanting to be thrown in, wrapped her arms around my waist. Upon her doing this I thought something along the lines of “Well, can’t throw her in now, better go in with her” and walked off the dock, everyone had a good laugh about that, and I am pretty sure that she bears me no ill will about me doing that.
Onwards to the Tuesday.

Tuesday August 12, 2014

On Tuesday I had some of my cousins come over and stay for the night. The girls, and my mother went to see the musical “Wicked”, while the boys, my dad and I went to watch X-Men Days of Future Past. It was very good, not as good as Guardians of the Galaxy, but it was very good. Hugh Jackman was great as Wolverine as usual, and I got to have some popcorn, Hooray!

Wednesday August 13, 2014

This was a day of furniture shopping, with my mom, because she knows more about furniture than I do. We went to Ikea and spent some time looking at futons, desks, tables and chairs for my new apartment, and found some items that I think will work for me which is good.
I also went for a good bike ride and came across a nice area to practice my balance and precisions. Here are some pictures of what I walked.





I spent a bit of time there just practicing, and worked up a sweat doing so, mainly because it was hot outside.

Thursday August 14, 2014

On Thursday I went to see Global Fest with Raeanne. Global Fest is an outdoor event that the world takes part in, there are vendors, and displays of different places around the world, and they end each night with a fireworks show.
In order to avoid the hassle of trying to find a parking spot we rode our bikes to the event. It was a nice bike ride, but unfortunately it started raining as we started out so we got kind of wet on the way there, oh well.
When we got there it was still raining, so we walked around the different vendors looking at what they had to show. Most of them weren’t selling anything, but the African booth was selling different wares such as hand carved goblets, and statues. Learned about a city in Mexico that would probably be really good to do Parkour in, the city is called Guanajuato, hopefully I will get the chance to go there some day.
The last thing that was done on this day was watching the fireworks. The fireworks on this night were put on by Japan, and they did an okay job, not the best, but it was okay.
On to the last day of the week.

Friday August 15, 2014

This was a day that I spent the better part of moving a sectional couch to my cousin’s house in Lethbridge, it was a good workout and my cousins made my dad, who was also helping with the move, and I a wonderful steak and corn dinner.

The End

Well, that was my week, sorry for the lack of Parkour, too much has been happening lately so I haven’t been able to do much of it.
Now for a quote

Quote of the week

This is a quote from Robin Williams as the character John Keating in the movie “Dead Poets Society”
“No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
      – Robin Williams as John Keating
Well that is all I have for this week, hope you all enjoyed, let me know what you thought with a comment or an email, and I will see you all later.
– Nathan Aris

No comments:

Post a Comment