Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Edmonton Trips – August 2 to 9, 2014

This week I actually didn’t do any parkour, but I did do a bunch of fun things so let’s get to it!
We shall start with Superior Saturday!

Saturday August 2, 2014

On Saturday I went to Edmonton with Raeanne, Louisa, their parents, and Louisa’s boyfriend. We went to Edmonton to go for a bunch of outdoor activities, and go see a laser show. It was nice and warm in Edmonton on Saturday so it was great weather for all of these outdoor activities.
We started the day with a picnic in Rundel Park. After driving for 4 hours it was nice to be able to get to out of the vehicle and walk around a little bit while eating some food.
After the picnic I waded in the river for a little while to cool myself down. The water was nice and warm, but it was filled with garbage consisting mainly of tires. It was pretty sad to see all of that garbage in the river, as I like walking around nature when it hasn’t been disturbed and/or ruined by people not caring at all about nature.
The next thing that we did was go on a short hike in Rundel Park, we ended up going across this big bridge that was really high above the river near the end of the hike, and because I am me I decided to spit into the water a little bit. I also got the chance to work on my balancing a little bit because there were some guard rails that were wide enough to walk on, and that was fun to do.
The next thing that we did was go to a different part of Rundel Park so that we could play some disc golf. Unfortunately there was a tournament going on when we got there so we were unable to play any disc golf, oh well. We were also told that there was supposed to be a place to go swimming, but the place ended up being an indoor pool that you had to pay to get into, so we just went swimming in the river which was warm!
After some frolicking in the river Raeanne and I went to play in the parks, I personally think that you can never be too old to play in the park, and then took a nap on a park bench, well she slept curled up on the bench, I just sat and rested.
The second last thing that we all did in Edmonton was go to The Old Spaghetti Factory there in Edmonton for dinner. The restaurant is in the downtown area of Edmonton so naturally there was some construction going on giving me the chance to do some more practice for Parkour. This time I was able to practice some lache’s on some scaffolding that was set up near the restaurant. It was fun and some people were very impressed by it which made me happy because I love hearing that I have a talent which people can enjoy watching.
For dinner I had some chicken pastas, it is a pasta place after all. The food was good and the décor was very impressive and gave off a nice rustic feel, pretty sure that rustic is the right word.
Here are some pictures from the dinner.


This is Raeanne and I.


This is Louisa and her boyfriend, Reg.


And this is Pictureception, thumbs up for a meme, OH YEA!
After dinner we all went to the Telus Science Center to see a Pink Floyd laser show, but before that we went and looked around the Science Center, okay everyone else went and looked around. I was mostly enraptured by the machine that was outside. Here is a picture.


For all of the pictures see my Facebook page here.
After that we had enjoyed the laser show, we all piled into the van and went home, I slept for about an hour on the way back, and then didn’t sleep when I drove myself home, which is a really good thing.
That was Saturday, on to Lord Sunday!

Sunday August 3, 2014

Sunday was a pretty basic day, I went to church, ate food, and watched TV.
On to Mister Monday.

Monday August 4, 2014

Today was a sunny and warm day, and because it was so nice out I went to the Calgary Slack Lining meet up that happened. There was about 20 people at the get together, Raeanne and I included.
Before I got to the event I went to a friend’s house to fill up 100 water balloons for the meet up. It took a while a long while, and I had about 20 pop on me yea.
So anyway, on to the meet up!
I got to the meet up a little after it started and when I got there everyone already had everything set up, so we got right to slack lining! As this was my first time trying slack lining I wasn’t very good, but I had a very good time trying it out. We also had a series water fight and a played a lot of Frisbee throughout the day.
That was pretty much all I did that day.
On to Grim Tuesday.

Tuesday August 5, 2014

Tuesday wasn’t grim, just the opposite in fact, it was a very good and productive day. Just in case you haven’t been clicking on the links I have been providing, each of the things that I am calling the days of the week by is actually the title of one of the books in a series called ‘The Keys to the Kingdom’, I enjoyed this series, and would recommend it as a book series that you could enjoy when you are in the mood for an easy read.
So I said that Tuesday was a good and productive day, here’s why.
I got a fair bit of necessary shopping done, it was nice to clear that off my list, I won’t bore you with the details of my shopping escapades.
The fun thing that I did on Tuesday was go watch The Guardians of the Galaxy. Allow me to paint a visual in your mind so that you understand how awesome it was. Imagine Chuck Norris riding a T–Rex wearing sunglasses and has Gatling guns mounted on his sides surfs a wave of magma. Now multiple that by 10, there you go, that's how awesome it was.
Now on to Drowned Wednesday!

Wednesday August 6, 2014

On Wednesday I went to a family get-together in Waterton where we went on a hike to Bertha Falls. We started the day out by playing in Waterton Lake, a lake that is quite young because it isn't a sand lake yet, so there were lots of rocks to skip while there. I went into the water after a while and even though it was at least 25°C (77°F), the water felt like it was only 5°C (41°F), so it was really cold. After much frolicking in the water, mostly on the part of my second cousins, we went for the hike. As it was a simple hike I carried one of my cousins on my shoulders for half of the hike.
That as my Wednesday next one in the lineup is Sir Thursday.

Thursday August 7, 2014

Unfortunately I did not get knighted on Thursday, so I am not a Sir, yet, but maybe that will happen one day. What did happen on Thursday was I went to a restaurant for breakfast, spent a long time packing for my moving trip to Edmonton on Friday and hung out with a friend named Liva for the afternoon.
The restaurant that we went to is called Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus, you might have seen it on this episode of ‘You Gotta Eat Here’. It is a Dutch pancake place that serves the most delicious “pancakes” you have ever had. I put quotes around pancakes because they aren’t what you are used to having when you have a pancake, unless you live in the Netherlands that is. I had a De Bosrand pannenkoek, which had ham, eggs, mushrooms and cheese on it so it was absolutely delicious.
Packing was packing.
Liva and I went for a walk and talked, it was a good time and I took some pictures. You can see them all here on my Facebook page.
On to the Lady Friday.

Friday August 8, 2014

On Friday I went to Edmonton to sign the lease to my apartment and move a whole bunch of stuff into my room. I spent 3 hours driving there 15 minutes of which were in a serious downpour that made me very nervous to be driving because of how hard it was to see. When I got to Edmonton I spent two hours moving in the stuff I had brought and cleaning the apartment, with some help from a friend who came to keep me company. After we had finished putting everything away and cleaning the dirty apartment, we went to A&W for dinner and had some greasy burgers. After that we came back to Calgary, and I went to a dance that was happening out near Red Deer River Meats, way out in the boonies South West of Calgary. The place had a giant swing set that you could get some serious height on and I spent some time pushing some people on the swings and pushing myself on the swings to. Overall it was a very good day, very late, but still very good.

The End

That was my week, I hope that you enjoyed reading about it, and as always, if you have any questions send me an email using the form on the right and leave a comment, but before we officially finish I will leave you with a quote.

Quote of the Week

This quote is about reading because there is nothing better than a good book that takes you away.
“There’s no such thing as a kid who hates reading. There are kids who love reading, and kids who are reading the wrong books”
      – James Patterson
Found here.
I feel that this applies to people of all ages, not just children, so go out there and find the kind of books that you love to read, because there is something for everyone.
That is the end of this post everyone, talk to you all later, or maybe it will be sooner.
– Nathan Aris

No comments:

Post a Comment